Monday 27 October 2014

into performance







starting with a sketch of a sculpture by Giacometti at the Tate Modern exhibition 'Transformed Visions'  I considered the isolated figure at the end of the second World War......
and made my own figure with elogated limbs....


CANT FORGET
and in a moment....its all over  peace is 'declared'
yet in my mind ...the agony ...the horror live on 
flashback on constant repeat



and then wrote some text and did a performance at a Performance Art Workshop
 at Mary Ward Centre
this was a new experience for me and it has opened my mind to possibilities in performing my poetry in future....




and then I thought about restricted movement and being bound up with memories and circumstances .....and bound the figure to give it a new aspect:



this may lead on to a new line of thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment