Tuesday 15 January 2013

Book Art: Form and Function

Poem Books


I am now trying a different construction for the two poem books 'Lost' and 'Dark Days'. The picture above shows the two books I have already made.  Now I want to move away from a codex structure to something small and unique that fits in the palm of my hand. I am thinking ahead to performing my poetry and I would like to hold interesting small bookworks which I open up and read my poems from. I have seen other poets reading their work and they seem to read from published collections of poems or loose sheets of paper for unpublished new poems and sometimes I have seen them read from an ipad or mobile phone.


Looking back at some of my earlier bookworks it is exciting to try a new construction that echoes the theme of the poem.......


here are some earlier bookworks I have made:





looking at these again is exciting 



and now I am ready to make 'non-codex' poem books




I hope to draw on my previous experimentation......


watch out for future 'poem book' posts.......


No comments:

Post a Comment